Product Development Position opening
Clutch Made is a Manhattan handbag manufacturer as well as a designer and manufacturer of all types of accessory products for brands big and small. We are looking for a Product Developer with an entrepreneurial spirit and a can do attitude to work with our rapidly growing client base. Successful candidate will turn our client ideas into tech packs and samples, source and curate materials, consult with our factories, track costing data, oversee production and be the face of our brand with assigned client accounts.
Skills Required: Good verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, knowledge of studio software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Excel, Word & Social Media), ability to meet deadlines in a high-energy environment. Creative yet meticulous attention to detail. Problem-solving skills.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPEMENT:
- Provide Clutch Made clients with the best sourcing options for their needs and budgets.
- Research the market in which the product will be sold to find product trends and try to gain a competitive edge on other designs.
- Source and curate all initial materials for projects and propose options to management.
- Consult with factories to create prototypes and translate sketches into working spec sheets and tech packs to create samples.
- Gather costing data to estimate production costs and update costing sheets on Excel.
- Work with factories and suppliers to ensure the final samples are the best version of the client’s vision.
- Ship samples to clients. Track shipments and create packing slips.
- Take photos of projects and processes for social media handles.
- PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT:
- Efficient and timely production of goods at the factory and the shipping/delivery of those goods to the client.
- Implement the production schedule, reviewing and adjusting it when necessary while at the same updating management team about changes.
- Manage all the human and material resources necessary for manufacturing and ensure delivery to factories.
- Monitor our factories, suppliers and vendors to maintain quality control and consistency of procedures to Clutch Made standards.
- Update production calendar and project management software.
- Develop efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant sources for production completion, including mills, printers, factories and management.
Contact us Here to request an application.